Google Workspace Marketplace is not quite like the Google Play store where you can get millions of free apps. In fact, the Google Workspace Marketplace is crowded with paid apps and the one which seems free ended up being just a trial version. Being a Google Workspace user, I have found that there are multiple apps that are out there in the marketplace but need some recognization.
After creating a list of best Google Workspace marketplace app, which are mostly paid, I thought why not make a list of free Google Workspace app that can automate a lot of your work. I also found that some of these free apps are rather better than paid apps. So without further ado, let’s install these apps.
Here is the list of 8 free Google Workspace Marketplace Apps that I like so far.
Works with → Gmail
One of my favorite tools for Gmail is Mailtrack. It makes my emailing experience so easier with a lot of tracking options it offers, all for free. Using Mailtrack you will never miss any important conversation. I think this app is most valuable for sales experts, freelancers, and direct customer relationships. All you need to install this app from the Google Workspace Marketplace and install the extension from the Chrome app store.
Features of Free Mailtrack
- Notifies you in real-time when the receiver reads your email
- Tracks how many times your mail was opened
- “Mail not opened” reminder
- Tells you how many times your links were clicked
- Check daily reports of sent emails
Link: Install Mailtrack
2. Lucidchart Diagrams
Works with → Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Drive
Sometimes explaining important strategy takes more than words and that is where Lucidchart Diagrams becomes an important tool. To make my collaboration more effective, I use Lucidchart to create visual representations and process maps. This way I share my ideas with my team in a more elaborative manner.
Lucidchart Diagrams gives you access to over 500 templates to create your data chart in no time. It is helpful to create visuals for the sales report, customer feedback, business analysis, team progress tracking, and other roadmaps.
Features of Free Lucidchart Diagram
- Get 25MB of Data Storage for the free plan
- Simple drag and drop to make custom diagrams
- Creates great flow charts using existing Google sheet files
Link: Install Lucidchart Diagrams
3. Form Publisher
Works with → Google Forms
Google Forms are great but Form Publisher makes it even more useful. Suppose, you have collected data of sales and you need to send an invoice to individual customers, you can’t do that with Google Forms alone. This is where Form Publisher works remarkably. It automatically converts your submitted Forms data into separate files on Docs, Sheets, and even Slides.
Many companies rely on this tool and you should definitely try this tool for your business.
Features of Free Form Publisher
- Free plans generate 100 files a month and its great fit for small business
- Customize files with your company logo, colors, formatting, etc
- Add receipt and send emails automatically to your clients, customers
- Add an e-signature to improve the authenticity of your files
Link: Install Form Publisher
Works with → Gmail
Add an extra layer of genuineness to your outgoing email using a digital signature. DocuSign app helps you to adds a digital signature to your emails and attachments to make it appear more genuine and professional. You can send unlimited emails with your electronic signature on them.
Certainly, DocuSign is a great app for certain types of emails like sending a welcome letter, personal association, etc. It will also protect your branding and improve brand awareness among users.
Features of Free DocuSign
- Add up to 3 signatures with the free account
- Your signature will be full encrypted
- Also works with your PDFs and documents
Link: Install DocuSign
Works with → Google Drive
PDF is the most portable, reliability and secure document type that is popular among Financial Institutes, Education, Medical Sector, Small Businesses, etc. However, one of the frustrating things about PDFs is that they are not easy to edit. Sometimes we require a bunch of third-party apps to edit a single PDF file and it requires a lot of time and effort.
DocHub simply makes your PDF editing an easiest job. It not only gives you a bunch of editing options but also readymade templates, high security and sharing options. It is also compatible with many other Doc formats, see all features below.
Features of Free DocHub
- Works with PDF, DOC, PPT, XLS, TXT, DOCX, PPTX files
- Edit, merge, rotate, reorder your file
- Add comments or highlight important points
- Express more with images, stamp, and signature
- Completely free with 128 to 256 bit SSL encryption security
Link: Install DocHub
Works with → Google Sheets, Google Forms
If you frequently run tests for your classes, organization, or web application, Flubaroo is a great tool to display grades in a few clicks. Its an add-on for your Sheets or Forms that evaluates points for each individual. You are always in control of assigning different points for different types of questions. It also auto-detects name, email as personal data and does not mix it with questions. This tool is really helpful in grading assignments, quizzes, etc.
Flubaroo only works with multiple choices or fill-in questions, so keep this in mind.
Features of Free Flubaroo
- It is totally free to use add-on for Google Workspace users
- Set or skip points for every question at your convenience
- Check the attendance of students who were present
- It also shows the average percentage of marks scored
- Distribute the results via Gmail or Drive
- Attach grades when you share the grades
Link: Install Flubaroo
Works with → Google Drive
Kami is a productive app for education that enhances the clarity of your existing document using annotations, text to speech, highlight, draw shapes, add comments.etc. As a result, it makes reading so much easy and more fun. It is the best way to add more life to your documents for free. I use Kami to point out certain lines to my team with some handy examples. One of the best parts is adding screen captures to your document so that it can express more.
Features of Free Kami
- Get a basic license for free
- Real-time editing to your documents
- Saves your documents automatically to Drive
- OCR (Scanned document support) is available
Link: Install Kami
8. ZIP Extractor
Works with → Google Drive
If you have ever been in a situation where you have to unzip an archive file in your Google Drive but you simply can’t due to the Drive limitations. It is not only a frustrating but also a time-consuming process because it requires downloading the whole file to your desktop. To accelerate this process, I use a popular app called ZIP Extractor which lets me unzip files right off the Drive folder. It saves so much of my time and effort. Here is what ZIP Extractor does for your archived files.
Features of ZIP Extractor
- Absolutely free to use app for Google Workspace users
- It lets you preview the files and you can download files individually
- You can open files extensions like ZIP, RAR, TAR, GZIP (GZ), BZIP (BZ2), and TAR.GZ
- It works with password-protected files too
Link: Install ZIP Extractor